Quality, Safety & Health, Environmental (QSHE)
The Salcon Group is focused on providing quality service and constantly improving the systems and work processes in its business operations and the projects it undertakes.
The Salcon Group’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Salcon Engineering Berhad was awarded the ISO9001 accreditation by the Bureau Veritas Certification for the design, procurement, construction, testing, commissioning, operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment plants in year 1999.
Staying true to its environmental philosophy “Environmental Conservation through Sustainable Development”, Salcon Engineering Berhad was awarded the ISO14001 certification in year 2002 for its commitment to the prevention of pollution and continuous improvement of environmental performance throughout its business operations.
In 2008, Salcon Engineering Berhad was awarded OHSAS 18001:2007 certification (Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series) which is accredited by the world`s leading certification body, Bureau Veritas Certification.
We are committed to meet and exceed our clients’ requirements in the design, construction and management of water supply and wastewater systems, whilst encouraging continual improvements and ensuring prompt response to client’s feedback.
We are committed to minimize the environmental impact in our business operations by:
- Ensuring our operations and processes comply with relevant environmental legislations and regulations and the ISO14001: 2015 Standard
- Ensuring continual improvement in preventing pollution.
- Promoting and educating our workforce and subcontractors on environmental protections and
- Saving energy and conserving resources through recycling and waste reduction activities.
Safety And Health Policy
We are committed to the continuous improvement of our Safety and Health practices to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, customers, contractors, visitors and the community in all our business operations.
In pursuing this commitment to prevent and eliminate work related accidents and occupational illnesses, we will:
- Comply with the applicable safety and health legislation and other requirement
- Set and monitor measurable objectives and targets to continuously improve our performance
- Provide relevant Safety and Health training to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Implement effective systems for eliminating or controlling risks where possible.